Monday, October 3, 2011

Trade Fair

In my Social Studies class we had a trade fair. Everyone was to bring something to trade. I brought a dozen almost homemade chocolate chip cookies and a pack of Halloween pencils in a frightening Halloween bowl. I thought the ladies in my class did a fantastic job of showing their creativity by the things they made for the fair. Here is a list of some of the items that we were able to trade for: baked goods, name tags, a jeweled lanyard, jewelry, decoupage clipboard, a cupcake in a jar, books, and sticky notes.
I traded my wares for 4 yummy funfetti cupcakes, star sticky notes, and 3 books.
After everyone was done trading, we all got into a circle and talked about some concepts that could be taught using this activity. Some of the concepts discussed were: the relationship between the Indians and the French, scarcity, and supply and demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment